There are many reasons to need an estate sale. Is there a company that can fit all needs for all sales? That’s a good question! No matter who you hire there’s a degree of trust needed between you and the company working the sale. Hiring a company isn’t an exact science but there are few questions that can be asked to help make an educated decision. If you interview a few companies, ask probing questions and have more than one company that may be a good fit, the hard part is over, select the company you trust the most.
Questions to ask when hiring an estate sale company:
- Is the company registered in Arizona?
- Does the company have liability insurance?
- Is the company bonded?
- Will credit cards be accepted?
- Does the company charge sales tax?
- Are there any upfront fees?
- Is there a minimum the company will charge for the sale?
- Are there any upfront or overhead costs?
- What is the percentage the company will charge for the sale?
- What is the company’s availability?
- How are prices determined?
- What is the pricing strategy?
- What will happen with leftover items after the sale?
- Can I set a minimum on a few items?
- Can I pull items before the clean-out?
- How long is needed for the clean-out?
- What if I have to cancel the sale?
- How long after the sale will I be paid?